hank you for inquiring about our available job positions. This is a link to apply for a job with The Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, not Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper Snappler Group. The Dr Pepper Museum is independent from and not owned or opperated by DPSG. You can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with RESUME in the subject line, or apply in person at 300 South 5th Street, Waco, TX 76701.
Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute
2013 Summer Internship Program
The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute is seeking qualified individuals for its 2013 Summer Internship program. Internships will be in the Interpretation Department and the individual will be assigned to one of three areas in the department-collections, exhibitions, or education. The internship will be for a period of 10 weeks during the summer and are available for 40 hours a week or 20 hours a week. A stipend is given at the end of the internship.
Each intern will be assigned to work with a full-time member of the Interpretation Department at the Dr Pepper Museum. The area assigned to the intern will be at the discretion of the Interpretation Department staff, but consideration will be given to the individual’s preference. The intern will work with his/her assigned staff member on a special project based on the needs of the museum and the intern’s requirements. The intern will also be required to attend board meetings, committee meetings, and department meetings to gain a better understanding about how the museum functions.
· Working towards completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in museum studies, history, education or other related field
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work simultaneously on multiple, diverse tasks, seeking help when needed
· Self-motivation to achieve goals and complete projects individually and with groups
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with people of varying levels of experience and expertise
Deadline for applications is March 25, 2013. Please send application along with resume and 2 letters of reference to Joy Summar-Smith, Associate Director, Dr Pepper Museum, 300 S. 5th St., Waco, TX 76701 or to email@example.com. Please email all questions.